CHAMPAIGN, Illinois – Fighting Illini fans will want to make note of new traffic patterns and parking opportunities in effect for football gamedays.
The new traffic patterns will enhance security near the stadium while keeping traffic flowing before and after the game. Additionally, a new parking deck located across the street from the stadium will have capacity for several hundred vehicles and is available for purchase in advance of the game via the ParkMobile app.
The first football game of the 2023 season is Saturday, Sept. 2. More information about parking, tailgating, accessible services and more is available in the Football Gameday Guide.
- As in previous seasons, Kirby Avenue between First and Fourth streets will be closed at 6 a.m. on gamedays and reopen approximately two hours after the conclusion of the game.
- Additionally, the Kirby Avenue closure will be extended to Oak Street three hours before kickoff. Visitors with a Lot 31 permit will still be able to access the lot via Oak Street.
The following streets will be closed completely six hours before kickoff:
- Peabody Drive between First and Fourth streets
- First Street between Irwin Drive and Kirby Avenue (First Street between Stadium Drive and Irwin Drive will be available only to visitors with parking passes)
- Fourth Street between Peabody Drive and Kirby Avenue
These closures will affect workday commutes on Friday, Oct. 6, in addition to the six Saturday home games during the 2023 season.
Visitors are encouraged to park in the new campus parking deck located across the street from Memorial Stadium at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Fourth Street. To access the parking deck, use Pennsylvania Avenue and approach from the east.
Spots are available for advance purchase by using the ParkMobile app.
Gameday purchase parking remains available in Research Park, which can be accessed via First Street coming from the south.