We have a very safe community, but no community is entirely crime-free.
It is important to understand when and where crime occurs in the Campustown area, and this map provides a visualization of the incidents reported in our Daily Crime Log. This is not the Daily Crime Log, but is intended to be a helpful extra tool.
Please note that not all of these incidents have been reported directly to the University of Illinois Police Department, so we may have very little information about a particular incident. We have become aware of these incidents either through our partnerships with neighboring police agencies or through reports from Campus Security Authorities.
This map was developed by a team of students — some from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign — who were interested in helping campus community members stay safe.
Save this map on your mobile device
You can save this map to the home screen on your mobile device for easy access later. Just follow the steps below.
iPhone or iPad
- Open Safari and navigate to uiuccrimemap.herokuapp.com. This process will not work in other browser apps.
- Tap the share button on the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll up and tap “Add to Home Screen.”
- Open Chrome and navigate to uiuccrimemap.herokuapp.com.
- Tap the menu icon (…) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Add to home screen.”
- Enter a name for the shortcut and tap OK.