To report a crime, suspicious activity or to request an officer:
Call 911 in an emergency
For general inquiries:
We cannot respond to emails immediately. Please call to report in-progress incidents that need a police response.
Public Safety Building
1110 W. Springfield Ave
Urbana, IL 61801
(Northeast corner of Goodwin and Springfield)
Report a Crime or Submit a Tip
Request a Presentation
Talk to a Safety Expert
Need to speak to an expert about a safety situation? For a directory of professionals who can assist with incidents or questions, see Safety Experts.
We offer fingerprinting services for employment and identification purposes. For pricing and hours, see Fingerprint Services.
To subscribe to news, connect on social media and sign up for emergency alerts, see Stay Informed.
Ask Command Staff
Command staff lead and implement the mission and values of the department. They can be reached by email or by calling 217-333-1216.
– Police Chief Craig Stone: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Deputy Chief Matt Myrick: email@example.com
– Lt. John Brown (Patrol): firstname.lastname@example.org
– Lt. Joan Fiesta (Patrol): email@example.com
– Lt. Tom Geis (Investigations): firstname.lastname@example.org
– Lt. Joe McCullough (Support Services): email@example.com
– Lt. Todd Short (Emergency Planning): firstname.lastname@example.org