Report a Crime or Submit a Tip
We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — including school breaks and holidays.
Report a crime
- Dial 911 to report emergencies or non-emergency criminal violations.
- Call 217-333-1216 to report non-emergency incidents on campus.
- Emergency phones located in walkways, buildings, bus shelters, and elevators provide a direct line to University of Illinois Police Department.
- Call the community Rape Crisis 24-Hour Hotline (217-355-5203) to report sexual assault or request crisis services.
Submit an anonymous tip
Report information about a crime anonymously by contacting Champaign County Crime Stoppers:
- Call 217-373-TIPS. Calls are answered by a third-party service — not the police — and are electronically stripped of any identifying information.
- Text keyword CCTIP plus the message to CRIMES (274637).
- Submit anonymous tips online at 373tips.com.